DIVORCE • PERSONAL INJURY • MARIETTA ATTORNEYS YOU CAN TRUST • CRIMINAL LAW • FAMILY LAW
MARIETTA PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY
While many personal injury claims settle, that does not prevent Diana Whipkey Young from preparing all cases for trial and fighting for the best outcome in a courtroom. If negligence has resulted in serious injuries to you or the death of a loved one, take immediate action and protect your rights.
At The Young Law Firm, we focus on the following areas of our personal injury practice:
- Medical malpractice: When a doctor fails to adhere to the basic standards of care, his or her patients can suffer life-changing injuries. Failing to diagnose or mis-diagnosis a deadly disease is more than a violation of trust placed in a medical professional. It could result in a loved one's wrongful death. If you were recently treated by a doctor or a medical center and were misdiagnosed or improperly treated for an illness or medical condition, the result of mishandling your prognosis could be very severe. If you have been injured, mistreated or damaged due to the fault of your health care provider, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical damages that would help cover your medical bills, the pain and suffering you went through, or any long term health risks that you had to endure.
- Slip and Fall Injuries: When a person slips or trips due to the negligence of an individual or business, the person or entity responsible for preventing the hazard may be liable for medical expenses. If the property was not properly maintained, the injured party was not notified of a dangerous condition, or a dangerous condition was not rectified in a timely manner, resulting in injuries, the injured party may be entitled to compensation. These cases, however, can require extensive investigation and evidence, so it is important to have an attorney who is able to handle such matters.
- Automobile accidents: A fellow driver operating a car impaired or distracted can result in tragedy on Georgia roads. From soft-tissue injuries to spinal cord damage, victims need representation from a Marietta car accident lawyer who will provide dedicated and aggressive representation. If you’ve been in a car accident, your priority should be tending to your injuries and getting immediate medical assistance. Your health and safety is always first. Having to deal with an insurance company, while important, isn’t the priority in this critical time. Our knowledgeable and caring attorneys are here to assist through this difficult time. Let the Young Law Firm be the ones to help you through this challenging event by addressing issues such as:
- What to do after an accident: After an accident, you are likely to have many questions. Undoubtedly, you want to resume your life and schedule as quickly as possible. Having a qualified attorney is one of the best ways to make that happen. The Young Law Firm will be happy to answer all your questions and help you get back to business as soon as possible.
- Hit-and-Run accidents: As if being in an accident is not frustrating enough, when the responsible party leaves the scene it can be doubly troublesome. With a determined and dedicated attorney, sources of compensation may still be found, even if the other driver is not. Let the Young Law Firm work for you, to make sure you get any compensation available after a hit-and-run.
- Truck accidents: Truck drivers and their employers are required to adhere to strict federal regulations governing their industry. When those mandates are ignored, truckers operate their massive vehicles fatigued or under the influence. Their negligence puts fellow drivers at risk of serious and deadly injuries.
- Motorcycle accidents: The physics of a car or truck striking a motorcycle are simple. The motorcyclist is likely to suffer more serious injuries. With or without the protection of a helmet, the physical damage done to an accident victim is life-changing, disabling and potentially fatal.
- Bicycle accidents: Riding a bicycle is a great way to enjoy exercise and some fresh air, not to mention protecting the environment while maintaining mobility. However, it is important to know the laws that keep everyone safe when sharing the road, and what to do if involved in an accident while riding a bike.
- Auto injury insurance case value misconceptions: Advertisements, the media, and dishonest injury attorneys would have everyone believe they can be a millionaire for being involved in an accident. Factors that many people think are important may have little or no effect on the compensation an insurance company or jury awards, but attorney Diana Whipkey Young breaks down what really does matter when determining case value.
- Determining fault in an accident: Determining who is at fault, and to what degree, has a huge impact on who is awarded compensation and how much. There are many factors to consider, and often times multiple parties contribute to the accident to a greater or lesser degree.
- Uninsured Motorist Claims: All Georgia drivers must have auto insurance to comply with state laws. This does not mean everybody has adequate insurance because some drivers purchase the minimum coverage required while others take their chances and fail to purchase any insurance at all.
- Pedestrian accidents: Crosswalks exist to keep pedestrians safe. Motorists failing to notice someone walking across the street must be held accountable. If you were injured or a family member died in a pedestrian or hit-and-run accident, you need an experienced trial attorney.
- Nursing home abuse: When you place an elderly or disabled family member into a nursing home, you are establishing a bond of trust with that facility. When neglect or abuse is discovered, you require the help of a seasoned attorney who will protect the victim's rights and pursue justice on their behalf. People spend a lot of their hard earned money to put their parents in a nursing care facility. They expect their mother or father to be treated with the utmost care, respect and dignity. When that does not happen, the best way to counter it is through legal action and class lawsuits. Nursing home abuse takes the form of many instances. Some include abusive treatment, neglect or incompetent care. Nursing home abuse in Marietta GA or any other neighboring city is a very serious violation, one that needs the backing of an experienced and aggressive attorney such as Diana Whipkey Young.
- Dangerous Drugs and Medical Devices: Are you the victim of a poorly conceived drug and are suffering from serious side effects and live in the Marietta, GA area? Oftentimes, these new drugs are released to the public with poor safety testing, all in an effort to take the new drug live. The result of this rushed process can lead to dangerous, unforeseen side effects or damage to your body. Don't let this go unnoticed. You are most likely entitled to serious financial compensation.
- Product Liability: When a product fails, most people do not realize they have the right to pursue the manufacturer, however, it is their responsibility to produce and sell safely tested products. Products such as food, drugs, tires, vehicles, children's toys, ladders, etc.. can cause serious harm or injury. Call us today to learn what your rights are when it comes to product safety. Call today to schedule a 30 minute consultation.
- Mesothelioma and Asbestos: Most people are unaware of what Mesothelioma is until it affects them or a loved one. Mesothelioma is a type of lung cancer that is a direct result from exposure to asbestos. Asbestos is a material that has been used for years in a number of construction materials, auto parts, fabrics, and much more. People who have worked in factories or warehouses have been affected by this illness in particular. Asbestos particles have a carcinogenic effect on the lungs that have been known to result into Mesothelioma. Treatment for this illness usually results in surgery, radiation treatments or even chemotherapy. If you or a loved one has come across this terrible illness, you have rights and deserve to be compensated.
- Birth Injury: It's an unfortunate situation that nobody should ever experience. Nevertheless, it does happen. If you or your newborn child has been injured during birth, whether serious or fatal, please contact Attorney Diana Whipkey Young immediately. Our experienced Marietta injury attorneys can walk you through the legal process and will fight aggressively to get you the compensation that will be needed to pay for your medical expenses and the care of your child.
- Spinal Cord or Brain Injury: Brain injuries or spinal cord injuries can permeate permanent, lifetime symptoms. No matter how the initial accident occurred, you may suffer setbacks and complications that will require long term care and that may last a lifetime. If you were involved in an accident that has caused you to have long term spinal cord or brain injury, it's important to understand your rights. You may be eligible to collect compensation to cover your medical bills and get the treatment needed to deal with these injuries. Proper treatment, if done correctly, can make your life almost back to normal. Give us a call today to schedule a consultation.
Contact a Marietta Personal Injury Lawyer
For solid and experienced representation from a top Marietta personal injury attorney, call our law firm at 770-795-9596 or contact us online to set up your 30-minute initial consultation. We also handle cases much more severe such as serious injuries or even death due to negligence of another person or company. Call our office today for a consultation. For our clients' convenience we accept all major credit cards.
THE YOUNG LAW FIRM
MARIETTA ATTORNEY DIANA WHIPKEY YOUNG
CALL TO SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
THE YOUNG LAW FIRM
MARIETTA ATTORNEY AT LAW
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
©2017 All Rights Reserved. The Young Law Firm. 800 Kennesaw Ave NW Suite 340 Marietta GA 30060. Attorney website created by webstuffguy.com